Exam Information: Symbiosis School of Culinary Arts
Symbiosis School of Culinary Arts (SSCA) is a constituent of Symbiosis International University, founded in 1996, and is the first school fully dedicated in offering qualifications in culinary science and arts in the country.
Master Chef Sanjeev Kapoor is the Chair Professor of this school and has team of professional chefs to train youngsters for a skilled and grueling culinary profession.
What is Hospitality & Culinary Management?
Hospitality & Culinary Management education is a multifaceted discipline that encompasses areas such as Hotels and Resorts, Leisure industry; Food and Beverage Operations; Travel; Event management, Facilities Management amongst many others.
What is the difference between Hospitality & Culinary Management and Hotel Management?
Hospitality & Culinary Management education encompasses all facets of service and business management, where students take up careers in various service oriented supervisory or managerial job positions. The career prospects and job opportunities are much wider and varied when a student has Hospitality & Culinary Management qualification. Whereas Hotel management education involves learning operational aspects of hotel administration, front office, housekeeping, maintenance, catering, etc. Hotel management is focused solely on the hotel industry and its functioning.
What are the courses offered by SSCA?
- B.Sc. (Culinary Arts)
- B.Sc. (Hospitality Management)
- Diploma In Bakery and Patisserie Skills
What is the eligibility for admission to SSCA?
Eligibility: B.Sc. (Culinary Arts) & B.Sc. (Hospitality Management)
- Passed 10+2 examinations with at least 50% (45% in case of candidate belonging to reserved category)
- Good scores/ranks in Symbiosis Entrance Test (SET)
International Students: (NRI/PIO/Foreign Nationals)
- Passed 10 + 2 examinations.
- Do not have to appear for entrance exam (SET/JEE) in India.
- International Student’s eligibility as per SCEI norms. Please follow the link http://scie.ac.in
Reservation With Sanctioned Intake:
- Scheduled Caste: 15%
- Scheduled Tribe: 7.5%
- Differently able Students: 3%
Eligibility: Diploma in Bakery And Patisserie Skills
- 12th Pass or Equivalent Qualification
- No Age Limit