Latest Update: The National Testing Agency (NTA) has postponed the National Council of Hotel Management Joint Entrance Examination (NCHM JEE) 2022. The test will be conducted on June 18, 2022, from 10 am to 1 pm.
Previously, NCHM JEE 2022 was scheduled for May 28. It will be held in the Computer Based Test (CBT) mode.
The registration window for the exam will be open till May 16 at www.nchmjee.nta.nic.in .
National Council for Hotel Management Joint Entrance Examination (NCHM JEE) -2022
The B.Sc. (Hospitality & Hotel Administration) Programme at its affiliated Institutes, is offered jointly by the National Council for Hotel Management and the Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU).
The Three-Year (Six Semester) course equips students with all the required skills, knowledge and attitude to efficiently discharge supervisory responsibilities in the Hospitality sector.
The program involves in-depth laboratory work for students to acquire required knowledge and skill standards in the operational areas of Food Production, Food & Beverage Service, Front Office Operation and House Keeping. It also provides managerial inputs in Hotel Accountancy, Food Safety & Quality, Human Resource Management, Facility Planning, Financial Management, Strategic Management, Tourism Marketing and Management.
Admission to the above Course is through the NCHM JEE only. The Score of NCHM JEE is accepted by all the affiliated Institutes for admission to the B.Sc. (HHA) Course in their respective Institutes.
Details are as follows:
- Date of exam: 28 May 2022 (Saturday)
- Timings: 10.00 am to 12.00 noon
- Mode of exam: Computer Based Test
- Date of submission of Online Applications: 04 February 2022 to 03 May 2022 May 16, 2022 (Extended)
- Last Date of successful fee transaction: 3 May 2022 (11:50 P.M.) May 16, 2022 (Extended)
National Council for Hotel Management Joint Entrance Examination (NCHM JEE-2022)
Pattern of Examination
- Numerical Ability and Analytical Aptitude - 30 Questions
- Reasoning and Logical Deduction - 30 Questions
- General Knowledge & Current Affairs - 30 Questions
- English Language - 60 Questions
- Aptitude for Service Sector - 50 Questions
- Total - 200
Each question carries four (04) marks. One (01) mark will be deducted for a wrong answer.
Medium of Question Paper: The medium of Question Paper shall be in English & Hindi only.
Duration of Examination: Three hours (180 minutes).
- A candidate should have passed 10+2 system of Senior Secondary Examination or its equivalent with English as one of the subjects, from a recognized Educational Board. Candidate must have passed English as a subject of study (core/elective/functional) in the qualifying examination.
- Those appearing in 10+2 or equivalent examination can also appear in NCHM JEE 2022 on provisional basis. Provisional admission will stand cancelled if proof of having passed the qualifying examination (10+2 or its equivalent) is not submitted at the time of counselling or at the time of admission or latest by 30.09.2022
- The offer of admission is subject to verification of original certificates / documents, including category certificate and PwD certificate (wherever applicable) at the time of admission. If any candidate is found ineligible at a later date even after admission to an Institute, due to the inability to produce geniune certificate in original in support of passing 10+2 or equivalent examination and fulfillment of age criteria and category certificate or PwD certificate (wherever applicable), his/her admission will stand cancelled.
- For candidates from General, General (EWS) and OBC categories, upper age limit is 25 years as on 01.07.2022. Candidates born on or after July 01, 1997 are eligible.
- In the case of Scheduled Caste and Scheduled Tribe candidates and Physically challenged candidates, upper age limit is 28 years as on 01.07.2022. That is SC/ST and Physicallly challenged candidates born on or after July 01, 1994 are eligible.
- Date of birth as recorded in the Secondary Education Board/Pre-University Certificate shall be the authentic proof that will be accepted. At the time of counseling, this certificate must be produced in original as a proof of age, failing which the candidate will not be considered for Counselling/admission.
All qualified candidates will have to submit a physical fitness certificate of carrying out practical classes as required in the course at the time of admission from a Registered Medical Practitioner in the prescribed format.
In the case of Institutes run by the Central Government, the reservation would be applicable as mentioned below:
- 15% of the seats Scheduled Castes (SC) candidates
- 7.5% seats for Scheduled Tribes (ST) candidates
- 27% seats for Other Backward Classes (OBC) Non-Creamy Layer (NCL) candidates as per the Central List*
- 10% of the seats for General Economically Weaker Sections (General - EWS) candidates
- Reservation for Kashmiri Migrant / Kashmiri Pandits / Hindus (Non Migrants) residing in Kashmir Valley (subject to notification from Ministry of Education for Academic Session 2022-23).